An Apostille is simply the name for a specialized certificate issued by the State. The Apostille is attached to your original document to verify the signature is legitimate and authentic so it will be accepted in one of the other Hague Apostille Member Countries. Here is typically what’s included in a Apostille:
- Country … [country name] This public document
- has been signed by … [name]
- acting in the capacity of … [function]
- bears the seal/stamp of … [authority] certified
- at … [location]
- the … [date]
- by … [name]
- No … [apostille registration number]
- Seal/stamp … [of the authority giving the apostille]
- Signature … [signature of authority giving the apostille]
Choose your State to view an example of an Apostille:
Apostilles can be complicated. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!
Click to download our International Apostille Order Form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.