Petition for Name Change Apostille – US District Court

US Department of State ApostilleDo you need an apostille on a Petition for Name Change from the US District Court?

A petition for name change requires two steps to be completed.  The document must first be authenticated through the Justice Department in Washington D.C. before the US Department of State will attach the apostille.  You must submit a certified copy issued by the US District Court.  A certified copy will contain an original signature and a raised seal.

The Department of Justice will authenticate your document with a red ribbon seal and signature (see example below).  This two step process is required in order to authenticate documents issued by the U.S. District Court (Federal Court).

Please note that documents issued by the U.S. District Court (Federal) is not the same as documents issued by the State court.  State court documents can be apostilled from the State that issued the documents.  Documents issued from the U.S. District Court (Federal) can only be authenticated by the Justice Department and receive the apostille from the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.

Common documents we receive from the U.S. Department of Justice are:

  • Petition for Name Change
  • Bankruptcy Documents
  • U.S. Federal Court Documents
  • U.S. District Court Documents
  • United States Supreme Court

Here is an example of a petition for name change:

Petition for Name Change Apostille
Here is an example of the authentication letter issued by the Justice Department:

United State Department of Justice Apostille Example

International Apostille Services, Inc. is the leader in document authentication services. We process documents from all 50 U.S. States including documents issued by the U.S. Federal Government.

International Apostille Order Form PDF SmallClick to download our International Apostille Order Form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.

Speak Your Mind